1. What is the difference between the standard warranty and the LG Extended Warranty Plan?
Purchased goods are covered by the standard warranty, which can be reviewed on the following page: LG Warranty Coverage Program | LG Canada. The standard warranty terms apply to the Extended Warranty Plan.
2. Where can I find my serial number or model number?
3. What is covered under the LG Extended Warranty Plan?
Please refer to the standard warranty provided with your product manual.
4. Where can I purchase the LG Extended Warranty Plan from?
5. Can I purchase the LG Extended Warranty Plan in store?
No. This LG EWP is only available for purchase directly from https://www.lgcanadaparts.com/extended-warranties.
6. What products are eligible for the LG Extended Warranty Plan?
All LG Home Electronics and Home Appliance Products are eligible. Mobile and B2B products are currently not eligible under this plan.
7. What is the cost of the LG Extended Warranty Plan
Please refer to Get a Quote. This is dependent upon the category of your LG Product, the time elapsed since purchase, and the retail cost. You can submit the required information and review your quote prior to purchase.
All terms and conditions of the standard warranty plan apply to the LG EWP.
NOTICE TO QUEBEC CONSUMERS CONCERNING THE LEGAL WARRANTY.
The Consumer Protection Act gives a warranty on all goods you purchase or lease from a merchant.
The goods must be usable
• for the purposes for which they are ordinarily used (section 37 of the Act) and
• in normal use for a reasonable length of time, which may vary according to the price paid, the terms of the contract and the conditions of use (section 38 of the Act).
For more information on this legal warranty, go to the website of the Office de la protection du consommateur at www.opc.gouv.qc.ca
Purchased goods are covered by the standard warranty, which can be reviewed on the following page: LG Warranty Coverage Program | LG Canada
Standard warranty terms apply to the Extended Warranty Plan.